TOP 10 SCHOOLS
1. CVC (24-6) Next: at Selma, today
2. Clovis West (25-5) Next: vs. Clovis East, today
3. Centennial (21-4) Next: at Liberty, today
Never miss a local story.
4. Liberty (21-11) Next: vs. Centennial, today
5. Bakersfield (19-11) Next: at Stockdale, today
6. Stockdale (16-9) Next: vs. Bakersfield, today
7. Bullard (24-8) Next: vs. Memorial, today
8. Frontier (23-10) Next: at Independence, today
9. Central (32-7) Next: at Clovis North, today
10. Buchanan (18-15) Next: vs. Clovis, today
D-I 1. Clovis West; 2. Centennial; 3. Liberty
D-II 1. Clovis North (15-15); 2. Yosemite (20-7); 3. Madera (17-7)
D-III 1. Independ. (18-14); 2. Madera S. (19-15); 3. Hoover (23-10)
D-IV1. CVC; 2. Bakersfield Ch. (26-3); 3. Chowchilla (22-6)
D-V ..1. Kings Ch. (28-5); 2. Sierra Pacific (11-9-2); 3. Fresno Ch. (7-1)
Central Section commissioner Jim Crichlow and his three area assistants have no easy task when they meet Friday to set playoff seedings, particularly in Division I. Last year's finalists -- Clovis West and Centennial -- look like locks for the top two seeds as the champions of the Tri-River Athletic Conference and Southwest Yosemite League, respectively. But after that, it's anyone's guess as strong SWYL schools -- Liberty, Bakersfield, Stockdale and Frontier -- have all taken turns beating each other.
Divisions II and III will also be difficult to decipher as The Bee's frontrunners -- Clovis North (II) and Independence (III) -- have each taken their lumps in league play, but own head-to-head wins over teams in the running for the top seeds.