TOP 10 TEAMS
1. CVC (18-3) Next: vs. Dinuba, Tuesday
2. Clovis West (16-4) Next: vs. Clovis, Tuesday
3. Centennial (12-4) Next: at Frontier, Tuesday
Never miss a local story.
4. Liberty (17-6) Next: vs. Bakersfield, Tuesday
5. Bakersfield (13-6) Next: at Liberty, Tuesday
6. Stockdale (12-5) Next: at Independence, Tuesday
7. Frontier (22-7) Next: vs. Centennial, Tuesday
8. Bullard (20-8) Next: vs. Madera, Tuesday
9. Buchanan (10-10) Next: at Clovis North, Tuesday
10. Central (30-6) Next: vs. Clovis East, Tuesday
D-I 1. Clovis West; 2. Centennial; 3. Liberty
D-II 1. Clovis N. (15-11); 2. Yosemite (17-7); 3. Madera (14-6)
D-III 1. Indepen. (18-10); 2. Madera S. (17-13); 3. Hoover (15-10)
D-IV1. CVC; 2. Bakersfield Ch. (22-3); 3. Chowchilla (18-6)
D-V ..1. Kings Ch. (23-5); 2. Sie. Pacific (10-6-2); 3. Minarets (11-6)
Don't look now, but defending Central Section Division I champion Centennial is heating up with the postseason four weeks away. The Golden Hawks took down previous No. 3 Liberty (3-0) and No. 4 Bakersfield (3-2) last week to assume command in the Southwest Yosemite League.
One of this week's marquee matchups takes place tonight at Bullard, where the Knights host Madera in a showdown for first place in the County/Metro Athletic Conference.
Hoover, which sits second in the North Yosemite League, gets another crack at first-place Madera South on Thursday in a match that not only will have playoff seeding implications for two of D-III's tops teams, but will also serve as the Patriots' fifth annual Breast Cancer Awareness fundraiser.