1. Buchanan (21-4) Next: vs. Clovis East, today
2. Clovis West (27-10) Next: at Madera, today
3. Centennial (25-3) Next: at Ridgeview, today
4. Bakersfield (26-9) Next: at Highland, today
Never miss a local story.
5. Liberty-Bakersfield (19-7) Next: vs. Garces, today
6. Garces (23-8) Next: at Liberty-Bakersfield, today
7. Frontier (24-9) Next: vs. West, today
8. Bullard (23-6) Next: at Clovis North, today
9. Central Valley Christian (24-3) Next: at Dinuba, today
10. Madera (28-7) Next: vs. Clovis West, today
1. Buchanan; 2. Clovis West; 3. Centennial
1. Garces; 2. Frontier; 3. El Diamante (23-6)
1. Tehachapi (23-4); 2. Exeter (21-6); 3. Madera South (20-7)
1. Central Valley Christian; 2. Immanuel (14-10); 3. Bakersfield Christian (18-12)
1. Mission Prep (20-6-2); 2. Fresno Christian (22-9-1); 3. Strathmore (23-5-1)
Buchanan took a major step toward securing the top seed for the Division I playoffs - while clinching no worse than a tie for the Tri-River Athletic Conference title - with a 25-21, 18-25, 26-24, 10-25, 15-11 win over defending section champ Clovis West last week on the Golden Eagles' court.
Centennial, which, like Buchanan, has not lost to a team from the section, appears to be the Bears' top competition for the No. 1 seed. The Golden Hawks have clinched no worse than a tie for the Southwest Yosemite League title.
Division II has some intrigue brewing after El Diamante unseated previous No. 3 Lemoore with a 3-0 victory last week. Garces has a tough match today vs. Liberty that could shake up the D-II pecking order.
Seedings for the playoffs will be announced Saturday.Tehachapi (D-III), CVC (D-IV) and Mission Prep (D-V) appear headed toward top seeds.