Individuals, schools and farms from Fresno, Kings, Madera and Tulare counties won several awards during the 2010 California State Fair open swine, junior breeding beef and open boer goat competitions, officials said.
The winners include:
Junior Breeding Beef Competition
– Macy Perry with Clovis FFA won Supreme Champion Bull and Champion Bull.
– Lauryn Brown with Strathmore FFA won Reserve Senior Champion Female.
– Kinsey McDougald with Spring Valley 4-H and Madeline Wisecarver with Hanford FFA won Senior Champion Female.
– Marc Miranda with Sierra FFA won Reserve Junior Champion Female.
Open Boer Goat Competition
– Tartaglia Boer Goats in Reedley won the following awards: Champion Fullblood Buck, Yearling Champion Fullblood Buck, Junior Champion Fullblood/Purebred Doe.
Open Swine Competition
– California State University, Fresno Swine Unit won the following awards: Champion Boar, Senior Champion Female, Senior Champion Boar, Reserve Champion Female, Reserve Champion Boar, Reserve Senior Champion Female, Reserve Junior Champion Boar, Supreme Champion Boar, Junior Champion Boar, Reserve Champion Boar Duroc, Reserve Senior Champion Boar Duroc, Premier Exhibitor of Duroc, Premier Breeder of Duroc, Senior Champion Boar Yorkshire, Reserve Champion Boar Yorkshire, Premier Exhibitor, Premier Breeder.
– Reedley College won the following awards: Reserve Champion Female Duroc, Reserve Senior Champion Female Duroc, Junior Champion Female Duroc, Senior Champion Female Yorkshire, Reserve Champion Female Yorkshire, Premier Exhibitor of Yorkshire, Premier Breeder of Yorkshire.
– Pfaff Swine Farm in Orange Cove won the following awards: Champion Female Duroc, Senior Champion Female Duroc.
– Bullseye Swine in Caruthers won the following awards: Senior Champion Boar Duroc, Champion Boar Duroc.
– Bar-One Farms in Caruthers won the following award: Reserve Senior Champion Female Yorkshire.