Wayne Goodman and Kathleen Crisp of Guarantee Real Estate in Clovis earned the GRI, Graduate of Real Estate Institute.
- Barbara J. File, broker associate with Realty World Strachan/Gamber, received the National Association of Realtors "Short Sales and Foreclosures Resource" certification and the California Association of Realtors "Residential REO Buyer Specialist" certification.
- Tim Mehren of The Wordsmith has returned to the Fresno/Clovis area providing advertising, marketing and employee communications assistance to companies and organizations via the Internet. Mehren may be contacted at 903-5367 or e-mail: email@example.com.
Builders Exchange 2010 scholarship winners are: Caitlin Alvarado, Visalia, P&G Contractor's Inc.; Elizabeth Duncan, Ducor, Tri County Asphalt Inc.; Derek Revels, Visalia, Mangini Associates Inc.; Bryce Anthony Martinho, Tulare, Visalia Ceramic Tile/American Ceramic Tile; Joel A. Hill, Palmdale, Sterndahl Enterprises Inc.; Emily McWilliams, Visalia, Creative Landscape Designs; Taylor Jordan, Tulare, Tulare Glass Co. Inc; Cortney Whitlock, Exeter, Todd Plumbing; Brittany Pitman, Visalia, KRC Safety Co. Inc.; Richard de Lama and Chad Bean, Visalia, The Glass Shop; and Sydney Coughlin, Visalia, HTL Fire Protection Contractors Inc.
- Vernave Medrano of Roosevelt High School was the grand prize winner of the fourth annual Network for Teaching Entrepreneurship Central Valley Regional Business Plan Competition for Vernave's Pottery and received $500. Medrano will compete for $10,000 in October at the national competition. Brenda Garcia of Bullard High School won second place and $300 for her Tres Petite Apparel, a clothing company for petite women; and Ashlee Rocha of Fresno High School placed third and received $200 for her pluz-size clothing company for children and teens called Heart Me.
McCaffrey Homes received a Gold Nugget Merit Award for the Tuscan Castle at its Madison Place collection in the category Best Single Family Detached Home, 2,000 to 3,000 square feet on a Conventional Lot.
Award winners at the Insurance Women of Fresno annual awards luncheon: Sue Jamison, Esmeralda Mendez, Noeila Weissbrod, CISR, and Gayle Williams, CISR, received the Certified Professional Insurance Woman designation; Kim Combs received the Rookie of the Year Award; and Kathleen Soares, CIC, AAI, AIS, CPIW, was the IWOF Insurance Woman of the Year.
- Hi-Tech Home was a 2010 Home of the Year Award winner by Electronic House in the category Home Theaters $25,000-$50,000 for a home theater installation in Fresno.
- Bank of the Sierra awarded a $1,250 Sierra Grant to Adult Transition Program Booster's Club. The funds will be used to purchase equipment to help offer health and fitness opportunities to students in wheelchairs.
- Bill Millard of Guarantee Real Estate celebrated 30 years in residential real estate. Millard is a senior residential broker at the Maple/Herndon office.
Jim Ritter joined Ara Karkazian Watch and Jewelry. Ritter is a GIA Diamond Essentials Graduate with 16 years as a specialist in engagement and anniversary diamonds.
Dr. Frank McCully Jr. joined the radiology staff at Visalia Imaging & Open MRI and Visalia Women's Imaging Specialist. McCully is a board-certified physician and participated in research projects related to neuroradiology, with published articles and professional presentations.
Kate Riley was appointed director of the newly built Ascent, the Spa at Tenaya Lodge. Riley has more than 33 years experience as a massage therapist, yoga teacher and director at spas and wellness centers.
- Alex Rodriguez, Chad Snapp, Lawrence Carlson and Tyler Blair joined the sales staff at Hedrick's Chevrolet in Clovis.
- Carlos Castro of J.I. Garcia Construction Inc. was promoted to corporate vice president. Castro has been with the company for 12 years and has participated on many levels with project and operations management.