One woman was taken to the hospital after a fire broke out in her kitchen at an apartment complex in Central Fresno Tuesday night.
The fire broke out around 7:20 p.m. in a second-story apartment at 1919 W. Dakota Ave, Battalion Chief Ron Stogdell said. The woman had been cooking on her stove when the fire erupted.
When fire crews arrived they believed the woman may still have been trapped inside, so they searched the apartment before extinguishing the flames, stopping the fire from spreading to neighboring units, Stogdell said.
Stogdell said the resident had went back into the apartment at one point to grab some of her possessions. After she came back out, she was taken to a nearby hospital for breathing issues.
Never miss a local story.
Megan Ginise: 559-441-6614