A vehicle at a central Fresno smog shop was in engulfed in flames and destroyed Thursday after a mechanical malfunction, Fresno Fire Department officials said.
The vehicle was at the shop, at the northeast corner of Shaw and Van Ness avenues, around 11:05 p.m. when it was pulled out of the business and caught fire, Fire Department spokesman Hector Vasquez said.
Firefighters arrived several minutes later, and the vehicle was completely engulfed, Vasquez said. There was a total of four firefighters on scene.
“We want to remind people that if they notice their vehicle is having mechanical issues to move it out of exposure to the garage” or other area vulnerable to flames, Vasquez said.