Cal Fire firefighters stuck out their boots Tuesday to raise money for the Muscular Dystrophy Association.
The fund raising was conducted in Fresno, Clovis and other towns in Fresno County in the annual event.
Contributions are used by the association to fund research into the disease as well as support care centers for families affected by muscular dystrophy. Forty children also have all expenses paid to attend an MDA summer camp.
The drive will continue again Thursday. Intersections where donations can be made are the following:
Never miss a local story.
- In Fresno, at Friant and Audubon and Jensen and Clovis
- In Clovis, at Herndon and Fowler
- In Sanger, at Academy and McKinley
- In Easton, at Lincoln and Elm
- In Huron, at Highway 198 and Lassen
- In Mendota, at Ninth and Oller.
Firefighters will be at those intersections from 7 a.m. to 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. to 5 p.m.