The storm that brought rain to the Central Valley and snow to the Sierra on Saturday will depart by Sunday, but more winter weather is expected in time for Christmas.
Fresno received 0.63 inches of rain by 4:30 p.m. Saturday. The storm was predicted to end Saturday night, said meteorologist Jim Dudley with the National Weather Service in Hanford.
“Since Oct. 1, Fresno has received 3.51 inches this year; normally Fresno receives 2.65. Last year around this same time Fresno had 3.19 inches of rainfall,” Dudley said.
Several inches of snow were recorded at Shaver Lake Marina and Badger Pass, he said.
Never miss a local story.
The forecast Sunday is for cloudy weather in Shaver Lake and Fresno. Fresno is expected to reach a high of 53 and drop to a low of 37, while Shaver Lake’s high will be 44 and the low will be 37, Dudley said.
Shaver Lake residents can expect a white Christmas Eve and Christmas. There is an 80 percent chance that it will snow Christmas Eve.
“There could be snow in the mountains on Christmas Day,” Dudley said.
Fresno residents can expect to see a wet Christmas. There is a 60 percent chance of rain on Christmas Eve and a 40 percent chance of rain on Christmas Day. Temperatures on Christmas are expected to reach a high of 52 degrees, he said.