A house fire broke out in southwest Fresno on Monday that sent one person to the hospital and displaced six other residents.
Firefighters responded to the fire at the 1100 block of Irwin Avenue around 4:54 p.m.
The fire started in the kitchen and spread into the attic as smoke poured through the house, fire department spokesman Pete Martinez said. The house did not have any working smoke detectors.
One person was sent to Community Regional Medical Center for possible smoke inhalation. The person’s condition was unknown.
Never miss a local story.
The home sustained $20,000 in damages. The fire displaced 5 adults and 2 children.