Firefighters and utility workers defused a dangerous situation Tuesday after a man slammed into a gas line at Sierra Vista Mall in Clovis.
City police spokesman Janet Stoll-Lee said the incident occurred about 8 a.m. when the 75-year-old drove between two water mains and hit the gas line next to Aqua Nails on Shaw Avenue.
A witness said it appeared the man was suffering from a medical emergency. He was taken to Clovis Community Hospital.
It took about 40 minutes to cap the gas leak,while traffic was rerouted around Sierra Vista Parkway.