Third-grader Danay Ferguson, the youngest person in Fresno County history to file a business name, is teaming up with Assemblyman Henry T. Perea, D-Fresno, for a book drive in celebration of National Reading Month.
Ferguson’s charity, Reading Heart, and other local businesses will be collecting books through March 31 to donate to pediatric patients in local hospitals. Ferguson, 8, started her business in September.
Books can be donated at seven locations in Fresno:
• Perea’s district office, 2250 Mariposa Mall
Never miss a local story.
• Petunia’s Place (which will give 20% discounts if a donation book is purchased), 6027 N. Palm Ave.
• Fresno State’s Henry Madden Library
• Fresno City College library
• Irene’s Cafe, 747 E. Olive Ave.
• Gazebo Garden, 3204 N. Van Ness Blvd.
• River Park Properties Corporate Office, 265 E. River Park Circle