Central San Joaquin Valley residents can get help enrolling in Covered California health plans at events scheduled this weekend.
Covered California, the state’s health insurance exchange for the Affordable Care Act, has extended the enrollment deadline to Sunday for people who began applications but were unable to complete them by Feb. 15.
Friday, it also said people who can attest that they were not aware of a tax penalty for not having health insurance have until April 30 to enroll.
Enrollment help and events:
• Covered California call centers: (800) 300-1506; or for certified insurance agents go to the
and click on “find local help.”
• Clinica Sierra Vista: 8 a.m.-5 p.m., Saturday, 2025 E. Divisadero St. and 2740 S. Elm Ave., Fresno. To schedule appointments call (855) 867-7216.
• Fresno Economic Opportunities Commission Neighborhood Youth Center: 10 a.m.-3 p.m., Saturday, 1805 E. California Ave.
• (Kaiser Permanente) Shop KP Store, 3676 W. Shaw Ave.; Saturday, 9 a.m.-6 p.m.; Sunday, 10 a.m.-6 p.m.
• Family Healthcare Network enrollment information: (559) 741-4366 for Visalia, Hanford, Porterville enrollment times.