Two people suffered smoke inhalation in a fire between Cutler and Monson in Tulare County that damaged a home and barn Monday afternoon.
The fire was initially reported about 1:45 p.m. and firefighters contained it by 3 p.m., said Capt. Joann Bear of the Tulare County Fire Department.
Two people who live in the area were treated and released at the scene for smoke inhalation.
Never miss a local story.
Bear said the house, near Avenue 388 and Road 114, was vacant. She said heat was a factor for firefighters battling the blaze. No cause has been determined.