About 125 workers at the E.J. Gallo winery at Olive and Clovis avenue were evacuated Wednesday morning after a worker cut an ammonia line, the Fresno Fire Department reported.
The accident occurred about 8 a.m. A hazmat unit responded.
Richard Cabral, a spokesman for the fire department, said firefighters swiftly reduced the ammonia leak to a level within safety guidelines.
Firefighters worked to fully stop the leak, which forced the closure of Olive Avenue between Fowler and Clovis avenues.
Never miss a local story.
One firefighter sustained a minor injury from the ammonia line, Cabral said.