The American Society of Plastic Surgeons released its annual plastic surgery report of procedures on Thursday and there’s “ample” evidence that more people are concerned about the shape of their derrières.
The society reported that buttock augmentation with fat grafting accounted for 11,505 procedures, up 15% from 2013 to 2014.
Buttock implants (1,863 procedures) were up 98%; buttock lift (3,505 procedures) increased 44%.
While buttock procedures gained in popularity, they still remain far behind the five top cosmetic surgical procedures. According to the society the most popular procedures in 2014 were:
Never miss a local story.
• Breast augmentation (286,254 procedures, down 1 percent);
• Nose reshaping (217,124 procedures, down 2 percent);
• Liposuction (210,552 procedures, up 5 percent);
• Eyelid surgery (206,509 procedures, down 4 percent);
• Facelift (128,266 procedures, down 4 percent).
The society reported that 15.6 million cosmetic procedures, including both minimally invasive and surgical, were performed in the United States in 2014. This was an increase of 3% since 2013. In addition, 5.8 million reconstructive surgery procedures were performed last year, up 1%.