The Fresno Bee has posted salary data for public educators in the Valley in 2011.
The database extends an effort that began two years ago, when The Bee began publishing salary data from city and county governments.
Data posted includes employees with a 2011 gross pay of $17,000 or more at Fresno State; the State Center, West Hills, Kern and College of the Sequoias community college districts; and all unified and high school districts in Fresno, Kings, Madera and Tulare counties. Elementary school districts and county offices of education are not included.
Fresno State President John Welty received $316,568 in 2011 gross pay, the highest in the region. Kern Community College District Chancellor Sandra V. Serrano was next at $310,695, and Fresno Unified Superintendent Michael Hanson was third at $302,864.
Never miss a local story.
How to search
1. CHOOSE a district or hold the shift key to select multiple districts. Skip this step if you want to search all.
2. (optional) FILTER your search by entering all or part of a department name, job title or employee name. Warning: Some districts didn't provide department names, and some have not yet provided all names.
3. (optional) SORT your results by clicking on a column header.
- The Bee asked central San Joaquin Valley public colleges, unified school districts and high school districts for full-time employee gross pay in calendar 2011.
- In most cases pay figures include overtime, vacation payouts and other allowances, but each district tallies these figures differently. Where details are available, we have noted what is included.
- We have eliminated any worker who earned less than $17,000 in 2011. Some salary figures may be unduly low because the worker was employed for only part of 2011.
Questions or comments about this database? Email us.