▪ Cody Turner of Burns & Wilcox-Fresno has been included in Insurance Business America’s 2016 Young Guns list, which recognizes professionals under 35 who are revitalizing the entire insurance industry. The list features the young individuals who are emerging leaders in their respective companies and are quickly rising into influential roles.
▪ McCaffrey Homes has been named a Housing Giant by Professional Builder magazine.
Never miss a local story.
▪ The Fresno County Bar Association congratulates this year’s winners of the Pro Bono Service Awards, including Richard Ciummo, Richard Esquivel, Linden Lindahl, Pauline Seiler, Jeremy Snell, Emily Takao and Dennis Yamada. Ciummo is a graduate of UC Davis School of Law while the other six winners are alumni of San Joaquin College of Law.
▪ Tenaya Lodge at Yosemite earned the 2016 Sunset Magazine Travel Award for Best Resort for Families in the West. The award winners represent the best the West has to offer in lodging, dining, cultural tourism, outdoor adventure, attractions and more.
▪ Fig Garden Rotary Club provided a grant of $5,000 to the Art of Life Healing Garden for an art kiosk panel.
▪ Arise Solar raised $27,900 during its sixth annual Golf for a Wish Tournament to be used to assist Marissa, a local child going through kidney treatment whose wish is to go to Disneyland. All donations were acquired through the help of local businesses and individuals who helped sponsor the tournament, along with the generosity of the players who bid on raffle prizes and offered additional donations.
▪ Julie Barnett was named Northern California and Pacific Northwest sales manager for Virtus Nutrition, a Central California-based dairy feed ingredient company specializing in fatty acid nutrition.
She attended California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo, majoring in agribusiness marketing, and will work with dairy producers, nutritionists and large animal veterinarians in Northern California, western Washington and western Oregon.
▪ Big Valley Mortgage is opening a new location at 7485 N. Palm Ave., No. 101, in Fresno on Thursday. Big Valley Mortgage is one of the fastest growing full-service mortgage bankers in the Central Valley.
▪ Kelly Anderson was promoted to vice president/real estate risk manager for Central Valley Community Bank. She joined the bank in 2012, most recently serving as an assistant vice president, appraisal flood supervisor, and has more than 12 years of banking experience.
In her new role she is responsible for overseeing collateral protection activities including appraisals, flood insurance and environmental impact reports.
▪ Rene Swan was promoted to president for United Valley Insurance Services. She joined United Valley in 2011 as member marketing manager, was elected as vice president in 2013 and has led day-to-day operations since then. She brings 27 years of experience.
Does your company have a new hire, promotion, personnel change or important achievement to announce?
The Bee welcomes submissions to this column. Items and submitted photos are used as space is available.