▪ The Rotary Club of Fresno announced its board members for the 2016-17 year. They are: D. Duane Oswald, president; Hal H. Bolen II, vice president/past president; Laura Whitehouse, secretary; Richard “Dick” Herrinton, treasurer; James Bushman, Ryan Jacobson, Mike Hamzy, Lisa Woolf and Diane Carbray, second-year directors; and Rich Olsson, Todd Sheller, Patti Thornton, Lynne Pietz and Sue Hendrickson-Castro, first-year directors.
▪ Walter Wilhelm Bauer, Attorneys at Law had three of its attorneys recognized by the Northern California Super Lawyer organization. Riley C. Walter has been selected as one of the “Top 100” attorneys in Northern California for 2016 and been designated a Super Lawyer. In addition, Michael L. Wilhelm and Paul J. Bauer have also been selected as Super Lawyers.
▪ McCormick, Barstow, Sheppard, Wayte & Carruth LLP announced that 32 of its attorneys have been named 2016 Northern California Super Lawyers, and 11 attorneys were recognized as Rising Stars in their respective fields. In addition, Marshall C. Whitney was named to the Top 10 list and Michael F. Ball, Gregory S. Mason and Timothy L. Thompson have been included in the Top 100 list.
Never miss a local story.
▪ Saint Agnes Medical Center announced Regina Burnette and Gina Lewis as the most recent winners of the Daisy Award for extraordinary nurses. The award recognizes nurses for the superhuman work they perform every day.
▪ Callie Simons, Saint Agnes Medical Center nurse, was given the Excellence in Patient Care Award from the Saint Agnes Medical Executive Committee. The awards are given monthly by the committee to physicians as well as clinical and non-clinical staff members who go above and beyond their job duties to provide exceptional and life-saving care to patients.
▪ The Guarantee Good Will Network donated $10,800 to the Community Food Bank, $3,000 to the Valley Dream Center’s new transitional living home, $1,500 each to the Boys & Girls Club and the American Red Cross, and $1,000 each to Marjaree Mason Center, Valley Animal Center, Sierra Foothill Conservancy, Pregnancy Care Center, the Shaver Lake Museum, Neighborhood Watch’s Citizens on Patrol program, MADD, San Joaquin River Parkway and Forward Fresno for the renovation of Playland. The network is funded by contributions from Guarantee Real Estate, their real estate agents and employees.
▪ HealthCare California hired Griselda Barraza, medical records; Erin Holland, care coordinator; Jeanine Beth Albertsen, director of patient care services; Will Sherrill, physical therapist; and Judith Arellano, certified home health aide.
Does your company have a new hire, promotion, personnel change or important achievement to announce?
The Bee welcomes submissions to this column. Items and submitted photos are used as space is available.