▪ The law firm Klein, DeNatale, Goldner, Cooper, Rosenlieb & Kimball LLP announced that Jacob L. Eaton, partner, has been certified as a specialist in bankruptcy law by the State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization. Candidates for this certification must pass an examination that focuses on bankruptcy law, must have handled a substantial number of bankruptcy matters, must have taken a certain number of hours of bankruptcy specialty educational programs, and must be approved by a review committee.
▪ Keith Swinger and Latishia Sharer, a Fresno Wells Fargo home mortgage team, earned the top 10 percent award in the nation for February 2016.
Never miss a local story.
▪ Apoloneo Ramirez, endoscopy technologist with Saint Agnes Medical Center, was given the Excellence in Patient Care Award from the Saint Agnes Medical Executive Committee. The awards are given monthly to physicians, as well as clinical and non-clinical staff members, who go above and beyond their job duties to provide exceptional and life-saving care to patients.
▪ Michael Habibe, Saint Agnes Medical Center emergency physician, received the Champion in Care Award at the Saint Agnes Medical Center Doctors Day Celebration. The annual award is given to a physician who demonstrates a team spirit and a desire to work collaboratively with Saint Agnes nurses and clinical staff to provide exemplary patient care.
▪ Mike Cliff was recognized by Seiberts Oil Co. for providing 30 years of excellent safety and service to fuel customers in the Central Valley. The company also celebrates its 80th year as a petroleum products distributor, starting in 1936.
▪ The American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE), San Joaquin Chapter, will celebrate its 60th anniversary on May 21. The ASHRAE San Joaquin Chapter has 115 members.
▪ Chad Wegley joined Alta Irrigation District as assistant general manager. He is a licensed civil engineer, earning his degree in civil engineering from Fresno State in 1997.
▪ The Office of the Tulare County District Attorney promoted Melissa Chabra and Cindy Underwood to supervising deputy district attorneys. Chabra graduated with a degree in sociology from Smith College in 2003 and obtained her juris doctor from the UC Davis School of Law in 2007. Underwood graduated from Chapman University with a degree in political science in 1997 and obtained her juris doctor from Whittier Law School in 2006. Both have been prosecutors with the office since 2007.
Does your company have a new hire, promotion, personnel change or important achievement to announce?
The Bee welcomes submissions to this column. Items and submitted photos are used as space is available.