▪ Family HealthCare Network achieved two Gold Seals of Approval® by The Joint Commission by demonstrating compliance with the commission’s national standards for health care quality and safety in ambulatory care organizations, and as a Primary Care Medical Home.
▪ Vernon Peterson, farmer and owner of Abundant Harvest Organics in Kingsburg, and Debbie Raven, president of Valley Small Business Development Corporation in Fresno, were recognized nationally through Farm Credit 100 Fresh Perspectives, a search to identify and honor 100 leaders who are changing rural communities and agriculture for the better.
▪ Kristi Burkhart, executive director of the Fresno Pregnancy Care Center, was honored by Assemblyman Jim Patterson at the 2016 Woman of the Year ceremony. Since 2009, she has provided training to countless volunteers who have helped Central Valley women and those they love prepare for an unexpected pregnancy.
▪ Marina Harutyunyan is the new community development manager for Habitat for Humanity Fresno County. She holds two master’s degrees, one in international relations from the University of Denver and the second in English language and literature from Yerevan State Linguistics University in Armenia.
▪ Therese Williams joined Visit Yosemite Madera County as director of public relations and sales. She earned her master’s degree in international communications and public relations and has more than 15 years experience.
▪ Amber Myrick is the new director of marketing, communications and public information at West Hills Community College. She will be responsible for all marketing and communications functions for the college district, which encompasses 3,500 square miles in Fresno and Kings counties, with two campuses (in Coalinga and Lemoore) and an education center in Firebaugh.
▪ Randy Reed joined ValleyPBS as director of production. He holds a Bachelor of Arts from Fresno State in mass communication.
▪ Maribel Hernandez joined the law firm of Klein DeNatale Goldner as senior counsel at the firm’s Fresno office. She earned her Juris Doctor from San Joaquin College of Law in 2004 and was admitted to the California State Bar in 2008. She joins the firm with seven years of experience practicing employment law in Fresno County and more than 10 years of experience working in management in the HR industry.
Does your company have a new hire, promotion, personnel change or important achievement to announce?
The Bee welcomes submissions to this column. Items and submitted photos are used as space is available.