▪ Shay Overton, a licensed geologist at Provost & Pritchard Consulting Group, recently passed the California Certified Hydrogeologist examination.
Hydrogeology is the science that focuses on the behavior, occurrence and quality of groundwater. The certification was established by the state of California to protect the health, safety and welfare of Californians.
Never miss a local story.
▪ The Big Fresno Fair announced the reappointment of two current members of the 21st District Agricultural Association Board of Directors – Debbie Jacobsen and Fue “Ricky” Vang. These reappointments were made Jan. 20 by Gov. Jerry Brown.
Additionally, on Jan. 26, The Big Fresno Fair board of directors voted to elect officers for 2016: Jacobsen, president; Larry Serpa, vice president; and Jerry Pacheco, who will remain as secretary/treasurer.
▪ Steven J. Jolly, managing director, investment officer at Wells Fargo Advisors, was again selected to the firm’s Premier Advisors President’s Council. He has been active as a financial service professional in Fresno for 28 years. The selection is based on client service, performance and ethics.
▪ Marquez Brothers International Inc., a Fresno-based, family-owned company, took first place in several categories at the annual 2015 World Dairy Expo.
It participated in the World Dairy Expo Championship Dairy Product Contest and the United States Championship Cheese Contest, winning the following awards: first place, piña colada stirred yogurt; first place, crema Mexicana (Mexican cream); and in drinkable cultured products, all flavors/all milks, best of class (guava yogurt), second award (strawberry-banana yogurt) and third award (piña colada yogurt).
▪ Bertram Welsh, one of WIN Home Inspection’s strategic partners with a location in Fig Garden, was honored at WIN’s annual conference in Franklin, Tenn., receiving accolades for a high number of inspections performed in 2015.
▪ United Valley Insurance Services added two to its staff. Eric Rasmussen is member relationship manager, and Donna Smith is member marketing team manager.
Rasmussen’s responsibilities include handling front line relationships with California member agencies as well as recruiting new members, keeping them informed about United Valley’s services, benefits, marketing, training, special programs and companies.
Smith is responsible for managing United Valley’s nine-member marketing team, which supports 80-plus member agencies in California by marketing commercial and specialty lines accounts and assists members in writing new business.
▪ Kent Karsevar is the new executive director for Ronald McDonald House Charities. He received a doctorate in educational leadership from the Kremen School of Education.
▪ Realty Concepts hired the following associates in residential sales: Barbara Barstow, Jason Higdon, Judy Stumpf, Barbara Van Rozeboom, Charlene Wallace and Jaime Lambert in the Fresno office, and Carole McMills in the Clovis office.
▪ Jennifer Pike-Owens is the new chief operating officer for TETER LLP. She is expanding her leadership role to include day-to-day operational oversight of the Fresno, Visalia and Bakersfield offices and is responsible for managing the hands-on operational aspects of the company. She joined the company in 1996.
Does your company have a new hire, promotion, personnel change or important achievement to announce?
The Bee welcomes submissions to this column. Items and submitted photos are used as space is available.