▪ Carnival Cruise Line appointed CruiseOne franchise owner and Clovis resident Morrie Frazier to the 2016 Carnival Cruise Line Travel Partner Advisory Committee. He was selected because of his leadership and commitment to the cruise line. He brings the experience of owning his own travel franchise for more than 21 years and has served on its Advisory Council.
▪ GRID Alternatives, America’s largest nonprofit solar installer bringing clean energy technology and job training to low-income families and underserved communities, announced the board of directors of its recently affiliated Central Valley Fresno office. The new officers are Al Galvez (CEO of Amani International LLC), board president; Benny D. Barco (attorney at law), secretary; and Gayle T. Merritt (CPA Merritt Accountancy), treasurer. Additional members are Luis Sanchez, consultant; Ernest Richardson, community advocate; Marylen Karsted, Fresno community service officer; and Ivan Lopez, educator/counselor.
▪ The Visalia Public Cemetery announced the appointment of Tom Johnson to the board of directors, to fill a vacated term of one year, and the reappointment of George Ouzounian and Geneva Philpot to four-year terms.
▪ Walter and Wilhelm Law Group unveiled its new name, Walter Wilhelm Bauer, adding the name of shareholder Paul Bauer to the firm. He joined the firm in 2010, leading the firm’s labor and employment law practice.
▪ Cornerstone Structural Engineering Group Inc. earned a National Recognition Award for exemplary engineering achievement in the American Council of Engineering Companies’ 49th annual Engineering Excellence Awards for the replacement of the R.B. Oliver Bridge in Tulare County.
▪ FutureHome Systems & Design celebrates its 25th year of service to the homeowners of the Valley and outlying areas. FutureHome provides design, installation, sales and programming of systems for residential and commercial audio and video entertainment, home automation, business boardroom and presentation systems, lighting control, and shade and drapery control.
▪ Four new resident physicians joined the Hanford Family Practice Residency this year, expanding the local community’s access to health care. The resident physicians are: Don Vincent Lopez, Jerry A. Neria, Pauline Seguban and Jatinder Singh. The residents will see patients at the family medicine residency clinic at Central Valley General Hospital on Douty Street. They also will take calls at the Hanford hospitals and serve as first assistants on surgeries while learning from a faculty made up of about 40 local general practitioners and specialists.
▪ Serjic Lalehzarian joined Cornerstone Structural Engineering Group’s Fresno office as a California engineer-in-training. He is a recent graduate of the University of California, San Diego, earning his master of science in structural engineering.
Does your company have a new hire, promotion, personnel change or important achievement to announce?
The Bee welcomes submissions to this column. Items and submitted photos are used as space is available.