▪ Baker Peterson Franklin CPA announced three new partners of the firm. Janell Attebery will continue her emphasis in audit and accounting, particularly in the agricultural, food and nut processing industries. Justin Holland is responsible for managing assurance, consulting and litigation support services for agricultural, manufacturing, and food and beverage processing companies. Bart Carlson joined his accounting practice with BPF and specializes in tax consulting, planning and compliance in a variety of industries.
▪ The Law Firm of Wild, Carter & Tipton announced Don J. Pool has become a shareholder in the firm as of January. His practice will continue to emphasize commercial litigation and creditors’ rights.
▪ George H. Soares was inducted into the Western Fairs Association Hall of Fame for individual commitment and service to the fair industry. He is managing partner of Kahn, Soares & Conway.
Never miss a local story.
▪ Wells Fargo Bank has agreed to donate $10,000 to The First Tee of Fresno, making it the presenting sponsor for the 53rd annual Cinco De Mayo Charity Golf Tournament benefiting The First Tee of Fresno. The tournament will be May 6 at the Copper River Country Club.
▪ Dylan Conner, who owns and operates the Mr. Appliance of the Central Valley, serving Fresno and several surrounding cities, has been named the company’s 2015 Franchisee of the Year. Each year, Mr. Appliance honors a franchisee who exhibits quality customer service, consistent growth through proper training and management of the organization, and consistent high sales volume. This is the second year Conner has been honored with this recognition, first receiving the award in 2011.
▪ The Rotary Club of Fresno awarded $1,000 to the Behavioral Intervention Association for new books in its library. The association serves about 50 children ages 2 to 18 diagnosed with Autism Spectrum disorder.
▪ Jonathan Lewis joined Johanson Transportation Service as web developer. He will focus on web development, including the company’s cloud-based Transportation Management System and the JTS Interactive Services website. He has 20 years of experience in software development and has a B.S. in computer information systems.
▪ Adam Amparan joined the Kingsburg office of The Housing Connection.
▪ Steve Hankel was promoted to IT project manager for Johanson Transportation Service. He has been with the company since 2010 and will manage all projects for the information technology department.
Does your company have a new hire, promotion, personnel change or important achievement to announce?
The Bee welcomes submissions to this column. Items and submitted photos are used as space is available.