The panic and dread-filled days of the last big push of holiday shopping are upon us.
Saturday is “Super Saturday,” expected to be the second-busiest shopping day of the year, behind only Black Friday, according to research firm ShopperTrak.
Many online shipping deadlines have passed, but shoppers brave enough to head to stores still can avoid the crowds. Big-box stores and local malls alike have started their extended hours. Some will let you shop in the middle of the night.
Here is a rundown of some stores doing special hours:
Never miss a local story.
- Kohl’s started being open 24 hours a day Thursday. It will be open more than 170 hours straight through 6 p.m. Christmas Eve.
- Toys R Us extended hours start Saturday, with the store open 6 a.m. until 2 a.m. Starting Wednesday, it will be open round the clock until 9 p.m. Christmas Eve.
- JCPenney at Fashion Fair will open at 8 a.m. Saturday, (with Black Friday-style doorbuster deals) and from 8 a.m. to midnight through Wednesday. On Christmas Eve, it will be open 7 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Fashion Fair already is open until 11 p.m. Starting Friday, it began opening at 8 a.m. For the truly panicked, the mall will open at 7 a.m. Christmas Eve (but close at 6 p.m.).
- Sierra Vista Mall in Clovis already is open until 10 p.m. but will start opening at 8 a.m. on Saturday. Those hours continue until it closes at 6 p.m. Christmas Eve.
Stores usually list their holiday hours on their websites, so if you’re looking for someplace specific, look it up online or call the store.