▪ The Rotary Club of Fresno Foundation announced the 2015-16 board members: Garry Griesser, chair; Shirley Bruegman, vice chair; Richard ‘Dick’ Herrinton, secretary; Anthony Andrade, treasurer; and directors Hal H. Bolen II, Debra Kazanjian, Karen Musson, Paul Duckworth and Duane Oswald.
▪ Marjaree Mason Center’s 2015 public service announcement, produced by Windsong Productions, has been named a bronze winner in the 36th annual Telly Awards. Winners represent the best work of the most respected advertising agencies, production companies, television stations, cable operators and corporate video departments in the world.
Never miss a local story.
▪ Gar Tootelian Inc. won the title of top Ambassador of Respect for North America for its environmentally safe facility and community outreach efforts. The recognition has been the industry’s premier award honoring stewardship, safety and philanthropy efforts of the world’s leading agricultural retailers and distributors.
▪ Lana Fahoum joined Century 21 Jordan-Link & Company as assistant manager for the Visalia corporate office. Her primary role will be to provide support to the 90-plus sales agent staff in Visalia and help oversee all front office administrative functions.
▪ Sean Ryan is the new vice president senior commercial loan officer for Bank of the Sierra’s Shaw Avenue branch in Fresno. He obtained a master’s degree in business administration from Colorado Technical University. He will develop and manage commercial loan accounts, identify and analyze potential loan markets to develop prospects, promote and cross-sell bank products and services.
▪ Claudia Salinas joined State Sen. Andy Vidak’s office as district scheduler/representative in the Hanford office. She earned a Bachelor of Science degree in criminology/law enforcement from California State University, Fresno.
▪ Tanda Maxfield joined the New York Life Insurance Company as a licensed agent.
▪ Kaiser Permanente Fresno added the following physicians to its staff: Christiane George, D.O., and Derik Keshishian, M.D., in adult medicine; Maila Martin, M.D., and Rupa Thacker, M.D., in pediatrics; and Soheila Sohaei, D.O., in obstetrics and gynecology.
▪ Dr. Isaias Coelho, OB-GYN, is now caring for patients at Adventist Health/Community Care clinics in Fowler, Kingsburg and Selma. He earned his medical degree from Loma Linda University and completed residency training in obstetrics-gynecology at Baystate Medical Center in Springfield, Massachusetts.
▪ Joe Bell is the new area vice president for the South Valley of Comcast’s California Technical Operations group. He will be overseeing all aspects of Comcast’s operations in the South Valley, including Fresno, Merced and Visalia.
▪ Brian Sims joined Cedar Avenue Recycling and Transfer Station (CARTS), a materials recovery facility that is part of the Caglia Environmental Companies, as a new division manager. He brings more than 10 years of experience managing recycling plants throughout the western United States and will oversee all daily operations of the CARTS facility.
▪ Blaze Fast-Fire’d Pizza will open a new Central California location at 1037 E. Shaw Ave. in September. The restaurant, which will feature a 2,400-square-foot space with seating for 60, will use both recycled and sustainable materials and energy-efficient LED lighting, and will feature eco-friendly, compostable packaging.
Does your company have a new hire, promotion, personnel change or important achievement to announce?
The Bee welcomes submissions to this column. Items and submitted photos are used as space is available.
Email items to email@example.com.
Use fresnobee.eventsabout.com to announce an event.