Central Valley Community Bank has scheduled more than a dozen document-shredding events through May 19 at its branches around the Valley.
The bank offers the shredding events each year to promote identity-theft protection. Each person or business can bring up to four bankers boxes of documents to be shredded for free at each event until the shredding truck is full. The bank wants people to remove binders, metal clips and other non-paper pieces before arriving.
Each shredding event is 9 a.m. to noon. The schedule in Fresno, Madera, Merced and Tulare counties includes:
• Wednesday, April 15: Fresno, Fig Garden Village, Shaw and Palm avenues (near the Wassabi restaurant).
• Monday, April 20: Oakhurst, 40004 Highway 41, Suite 101.
• Tuesday, April 21: Exeter, southwest corner of Pine and F streets.
• Tuesday, April 28: Visalia, 2245 W. Caldwell Ave.
• Wednesday, April 29: Kerman, 360 S. Madera Ave.
• Tuesday, May 5: Madera, 1919 Howard Road.
• Wednesday, May 6: Clovis, 1795 Herndon Ave., Suite 101 (at Fowler Avenue).
• Tuesday, May 12: Prather, 29430 Auberry Road.
• Wednesday, May 13: Fresno (Sunnyside), 570 S. Clovis Ave., Suite 101.
• Tuesday, May 19: Merced, 3337 G St.