▪ The law firm of Sierra IP Law PC announced that William K. Nelson has become a shareholder in the firm. He specializes in patents, trademarks, copyrights, trade secrets, unfair competition and related litigation.
▪ The East Fresno Kiwanis Foundation donated more than $10,000 to the student livestock auction at the recent Big Fresno Fair. The donation helped the 4H and FFA students at the auction by supporting the price students received for their animals.
▪ The East Fresno Kiwanis Foundation donated $8,200 for a back-to-school shopping spree that benefited 48 Fresno Unified schoolchildren from five elementary schools. Each child received a jacket and school clothing. Health Net Cal Viva contributed $1,000 so each child could get new shoes for school.
Never miss a local story.
▪ Fig Garden Rotary Club provided a grant of $1,000 to Adventure Risk Challenge.
▪ The Fresno Sunrise Rotary Club announced it donated $1,000 to the Puerto Rico relief fund. The club also announced that Brian McCurry has been accepted as the club’s newest member.
▪ Kaiser Permanente’s Medicare health plans in California have earned 5 out of 5 stars, the highest overall rating in the state, for quality and service for 2018 from the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services for the seventh consecutive year.
▪ DISH announced LinkUs Enterprises as a premier local retailer, the company’s highest honor for businesses that demonstrate excellence in performance and customer experience. LinkUs Enterprises joins the top 5 percent of authorized DISH retailers in the Premier program.
▪ Tulare County Sheriff Mike Boudreaux received the Distinguished Citizen Award from the Sequoia Council, Boy Scouts of America. Boudreaux supports the Sheriff’s Explorers program, a branch of the Boys Scouts of America as a work site-based program, and created the Pathways Scholarship Program to help those who ordinarily would not have the funds to attend college.
▪ Realty Concepts added Jeff Zimmerman, Brenda Zavala, Jessica Luna, Brennen Jacobsen, Marissa McGee, Marlyn Ross, Mara Torres, Anatalia Bradshaw and Amber Castro to the Realty Concepts Family.
▪ Magnolia Crossing, an assisted living community, announced Paul Rocha was hired as administrator and Charise Hansen was hired as community liaison.
▪ Robert Kollmorgen, D.O., joined University Orthepaedic Associates. He is board certified in orthopedic surgery and was fellowship trained in hip preservation at Duke University.
▪ Rafael Zuzuarregui, M.D., joined University Neurology Associates. He is board certified in neurology and was fellowship trained in movement disorders and sleep disorders.
▪ Marina Roytman, M.D., FACP, joined University Gastroenterology and Hepatology Associates. She is board certified in internal medicine, was fellowship trained in medical education and has won multiple awards for her presentations on hepatitis and drug induced liver injury.
Does your company have a new hire, promotion, personnel change or important achievement to announce?
The Bee welcomes submissions to this column. Items and submitted photos are used as space is available.