Never miss a local story.
▪ Judge Kimberly A. Gaab has been elected to a one-year term as a vice president of the California Judges Association that began Oct. 8. She has been on the Fresno Superior Court bench since 2008 and has served as the presiding judge since January 2016. Gaab will continue fulfilling her duties at the court during her term with the CJA.
▪ Members of North Fresno Rotary handed out 500 dictionaries to five local city schools, presenting the books to 20 third grade classes. After learning how to use the books, the students can take a dictionary home to share with their families.
▪ Fig Garden Rotary Club provided a grant of $1,000 to the North/South Rotary All-Star Football Game.
▪ Fresno Rotary Club is pleased to award $5,000 to Wings Advocacy Fresno to purchase approximately 45 refurbished bed sets for recently housed families, children, veterans and victims of domestic violence in Fresno.
▪ Tom Vang participated in the White Coat Ceremony at The American University of Antigua College of Medicine, a medical school in the Caribbean, and is on his way to becoming a doctor.
▪ Saint Agnes Medical Center announced nurses Gemma Jebril and Margalit Ronat as winners of the DAISY Award for extraordinary nurses. The award is part of a nationwide program that rewards and celebrates extraordinary clinical skill and compassionate care given by bedside nurses.
▪ Saint Agnes Medical Center announced Israel Torres, Andrew Hampton and Kent Reimers as winners of the Going the Extra Mile award. The award honors colleagues who provide outstanding customer service, deliver exceptional patient care and demonstrate the Saint Agnes mission and core values.
▪ Saint Agnes Medical Center, in partnership with ABC30, is honored to celebrate this month’s “Spirit of Women” award recipient, Diana Diaz. Diaz is founder and executive director of Real Authentic Women Wellness Network, a nonprofit organization that enhances every woman’s mental, physical, sexual and spiritual state of health.
▪ Arthur Dyson received the Association of Licensed Architects highest honor, the Don Erickson Presidential Award, for his design of the Charles and Lela Hilton Residence in Panama City Beach, Florida.
▪ Lara Atchabahian, MD, internal medicine specialist, has joined Visalia Medical Clinic and will begin her practice in early October. She completed her undergraduate studies in biochemistry at the University of California, Los Angeles, and received her medical degree from Keck School of Medicine at the University of Southern California.
▪ BoltBus, a bus line focused on providing exceptional service, luxury and convenience at a low price, announced it will be expanding service in the heart of California, adding Fresno, to serve West Coast customers. Service begins Oct. 19 and tickets are on sale.
Does your company have a new hire, promotion, personnel change or important achievement to announce?
The Bee welcomes submissions to this column. Items and submitted photos are used as space is available.