▪ Nurse.org has recognized Valley Children’s Hospital as one of the best hospitals for nurses to work for in California.
▪ Sen. Andy Vidak, R-Hanford, announced that Cory Burkarth will become communications director in Vidak’s Capitol office beginning Oct. 2.
▪ Visalia city manager Mike Olmos has announced his retirement, marking 16 years of employment with the city. Olmos became the city’s top administrator on Sept. 13, 2013 and has been with the city of Visalia since 2001.
▪ Saint Agnes Medical Center is among a select group of hospitals nationwide to receive Gold Status Recognition for promoting enrollment in the California Organ and Tissue Donor Registry as a part of a national campaign sponsored by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services’ Health Resources and Services Administration.
▪ Fresno Metro Black Chamber of Commerce received a $15,000 small business development grant from Wells Fargo to help establish Central Valley Women’s Economic Impact Center.
▪ Grace Jackson of Kingsburg was announced as a Young Entrepreneur Foundation Scholarship award winner by the National Federation of Independent Business.
▪ Saint Agnes Medical Center announced Frances Perdue and Jeff Brocks as winners of the Going the Extra Mile award. The award honors colleagues who provide outstanding customer service, deliver exceptional patient care and demonstrate the Saint Agnes mission and core values.
▪ Gary Cordova of Fresno is the straight truck division winner at the 69th annual Truck Driving Championship Finals. He is a driver for FedEx and will represent California during the 80th National Truck Driving Championships in Orlando.
▪ Madera Rehabilitation and Nursing Center and Pacific Ethanol will receive the Crystal Tower Award at the 14th annual Business and Education Shareholders’ Luncheon on Aug. 29 sponsored by the Madera County Compact. The award is given to businesses that have displayed exemplary partnerships with schools in Madera County.
▪ Saint Agnes Medical Center announced nurses Jaclyn Davis and Lesamarie Silva are winners of the DAISY Award for nurses. The award is part of a nationwide program that rewards and celebrates clinical skill and compassionate care given by bedside nurses.
▪ Benchmark Mortgage has added the following people to its Clovis branch: Bobby Campos, branch manager; Kristin Lucas, loan officer; Missi Lucente, loan officer; Renee Younkin, loan processor; Marlowe Campos, loan originator assistant; and Christina Scharton, branch assistant.
▪ Fresno Chaffee Zoo announced Amos Morris has joined as deputy director and chief operating officer. His background is in zoo management, mammal husbandry and conservation education.
▪ Suncrest Bank announced that John Alcorn has joined the company to lead its agribusiness division in the Fresno office. Prior to joining Suncrest Bank, John led the field inspection department for Rabobank in the western United States.
▪ Island Waterpark has hired Bob Martin as its new general manager. He brings 30 years of experience including the past 13 years with Wild Water Adventure Park.
▪ Thomas Montgomery, an award-winning winemaker and Fresno State alumnus, is the Fresno State Winery’s new winemaker. His career began at E&J Gallo Winery in Fresno and at United Vintners in Reedley upon graduation from Fresno State in 1979.
▪ Deli Delicious franchisee Azzi Chahal is opening his first restaurant at 12 S. Main St. in Porterville.