▪ Gov. Jerry Brown has appointed Earl “Bob” Jennings, 68, of Fresno, to the Prison Industry Board of Directors. Deborah Brown, 60, of Ahwahnee, has been reappointed to the California Board of Behavioral Sciences, where she has served since 2012.
▪ The Rotary Club of Fresno Foundation announced the 2017-18 board members: D. Duane Oswald, chair; Karen Musson, vice chair; Richard “Dick” Herrinton, secretary; Anthony Andrade, treasurer. Directors: Hal H. Bolen II, D. Duane Oswald, Maureen Lewis, Debra Kazanjian, Paul Duckworth and Al Smith.
▪ Don Parreira, co-owner of Ultra Gro Plant Food in Madera, has been named president of the Ag One Foundation at Fresno State. He began his one-year term on July 1 and previously served as vice president for Ag One and has also served as treasurer and secretary on its board of directors.
Never miss a local story.
▪ Johanson Transportation Service, a leading third-party supply chain solutions provider, has been awarded CargoNet’s Best in Cargo Security Award for its prevention efforts in 2016 in the Small Broker Category.
▪ Prestige announced that its Prestige Senior Living at Visalia community has been recognized as a recipient of the 2017 Bronze – Commitment to Quality Award by the American Health Care Association and the National Center for Assisted Living.
▪ Riley C. Walter and Michael L. Wilhelm, shareholders in Walter Wilhelm Law Group, have both been selected as a Super Lawyer in Northern California for 2017. Walter has received this designation every year consecutively since 2004. This will be Wilhelm’s ninth selection to this prestigious award.
▪ Oregon Mutual Insurance Company has named DiBuduo and DeFendis the 2016 Commercial Lines Agency of the Year at a ceremony on July 18. The insurance agency and brokerage is headquartered in Fresno and has offices in Bakersfield, Dinuba, Hollister, Lodi, Modesto, San Luis Obispo, Santa Monica, Taft and Ventura.
▪ Clark Bros. Inc. has been named one of the top solar contractors in the United States by Solar Power World magazine. The company is ranked 14 out of 500 solar companies in the United States and ranked seventh in California.
▪ Visalia-based Suncrest Bank reported a net income of $1.2 million, or $.017 per share, for the second quarter of 2017. That was a 31 percent increase over the same quarter in 2016. Suncrest Bank stock is traded on Nasdaq under the stock symbol SBKK.
▪ Central Valley Community Bancorp, the Fresno-based parent company of Central Valley Community Bank, announced a net income of $9,198,000 and diluted earnings per common share of $0.75 for the six months ended June 30, compared to $9,461,000 and $0.86 per diluted common share for the six months that ended June 30, 2016. Central Valley Community Bancorp stock is traded on Nasdaq under the stock symbol CVCY.
▪ The Board of Directors of Central Valley Community Bancorp, the parent company of Central Valley Community Bank, has declared a regular quarterly cash dividend of $0.06 per share on the company’s common stock. The dividend is payable on Aug. 18 to shareholders of record as of Aug. 4.
▪ Fresno-based Fresno First Bank announced a net income of $915,000 and diluted earnings per common share of $0.32, an increase of 24 percent over net income of $737,000, or $0.27 per diluted share, for the second quarter of 2016, and grew 9 percent from $837,000, or $0.29 per diluted share, for the first quarter of 2017. For the first six months that ended June 30, net income increased 22 percent to $1.8 million, or $0.61 per diluted share, compared to $1.4 million, or $0.52 per diluted share, for the first six months that ended June 30, 2016. Fresno First Bank stock is traded on Nasdaq under the stock symbol CFST.
▪ Porterville-based Sierra Bancorp, parent of Bank of the Sierra, announced that its Board of Directors has declared a regular quarterly cash dividend of $0.14 per share for the quarter ended June 30. It will be paid on Aug. 17 to shareholders of record as of Aug. 3. Sierra Bancorp is traded on Nasdaq under the stock symbol BSRR.
▪ Der Manouel Insurance Group announced that Brittney Gann and Shaylyn Lewis have joined the firm as employee benefits consultants, and Chris Hansen has joined the commercial lines team as a risk consultant.
▪ Pacific Union Financial LLC has hired Michael Gilmore as the Fresno branch manager. Gilmore brings over 23 years of experience in the mortgage business as a manager and top producer to the company.
▪ Dr. Alyssa M. Yamamoto, optometrist, will be joining Drs. Gary Mukai and Rick Ideta as an associate at Aloha Family Optometric Group specializing in general optometry and contact lenses.
▪ The Provost & Pritchard Consulting Group team has added Brandon Stipe, a senior engineer, and Soo Ho Park and Luis Guzman, associate engineers, in the Fresno office.
▪ Dr. Derick Holt is now one of seven partners of EYE-Q Vision Care as of July 1. He specializes in pediatric ophthalmology, treating eye disorders in children of all ages, from infants to teenagers. His practice also includes the evaluation and treatment of adult strabismus.
▪ Dr. Khusal Mehta has joined Adventist Health medical office at 1451 E. El Monte Way in Dinuba. Mehta, his office staff and certified physician assistant Jack Tieche, who’s served at Mehta’s private practice since 1994, began caring for patients on July 26.
▪ Dritsas Groom McCormick LLP announced that it has moved to a new building in the Palm Bluff Business Park. The new address is 7511 N. Remington Ave., Suite 101 in Fresno.
Does your company have a new hire, promotion, personnel change or important achievement to announce?
The Bee welcomes submissions to this column. Items and submitted photos are used as space is available.