▪ Gary L. McDonald was inducted into the California Homebuilding Foundation Hall of Fame. He is the founder and CEO of Gary McDonald Homes and Gary McDonald Development Company.
▪ Beginning this month, Adventist Health will use Adventist Health and the city’s name to represent its 17 medical centers and 200 clinics. For example, Adventist Medical Center – Hanford will change to Adventist Health Hanford and Adventist Health/Community Care clinics will change to Adventist Health Medical Offices.
▪ Gov. Jerry Brown has appointed Lynne Ashbeck of Clovis and Charles Riojas and Jim Yovino, both of Fresno, to the California Partnership for the San Joaquin Valley. Andrew Moreno of Fresno has been appointed to the Osteopathic Medical Board of California.
Never miss a local story.
▪ Daniel Gonzalez has been named a 2017 Equality California Comcast Fellow by The Equality California Institute. He is a board member on Fresno State’s LGBTQ Student Advisory Board, where he facilitates events for the campus community.
▪ Fresno State alumna Nicole Linder, executive director of the Marjaree Mason Center, was named to the University Advisory Board by Fresno State President Joseph I. Castro. The 19-member panel of community members provides advice on improvement and development of the university.
▪ Associated Builders and Contractors Northern California announced Soltek Pacific Construction Company of Clovis, Four C's Construction Company of Fresno, and Fresno Plumbing & Heating Inc. of Fresno as among its 25 recipients of its Safety Training Evaluation Process Awards in 2017. These awards recognize Northern California member companies and industry leaders who have implemented world class safety programs in their companies.
▪ Alison Holmes of ICW Group Insurance Companies was named Insurance Professional of the Year at the annual convention of the International Association of Insurance Professionals. She is a member of the local chapter of Insurance Associates of Fresno, where she currently serves as vice president.
▪ For the fifth consecutive year, McCaffrey Homes has been named a Housing Giant by Professional Builder Magazine. The publication ranks the nation’s largest homebuilders by housing revenue and the number of homes closed in the prior year. This year’s list includes the top 240 homebuilders.
▪ Monica Reyes-Aguilar and Mayra Delgado, Wells Fargo Home Mortgage consultants, have been named to the NAHREP Top 250.
▪ The Zweig Group ranked Provost & Pritchard Consulting Group in the top five among the “2017 Best Civil Engineering Firms to Work For” nationwide. Provost & Pritchard has been selected for the “Best Firms” list each of the 15 years they have participated in the award competition.
▪ Educational Employees Credit Union has donated $15,000 to the American Heart Association Central Valley to help fight heart disease and strokes, and provide first-aid courses for students. The donation will fund the Central Valley Heart & Stroke Walk in October and CPR classes for students.
▪ Robert Siegrist has joined Integrated Designs by SOMAM Inc. as a principal architect.
▪ Dave Boynton was named lead commissioning services engineer for Galloway. Boynton, who will lead the corporate commissioning team, has 12 years of mechanical engineering and commissioning experience.
▪ Kimberly Lester has joined Valley Wide Beverage Company as the new controller in the Fresno office. She is a graduate of California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo and completed the accounting curriculum requirement for the CPA exam through UCLA Extension.
▪ Realty Concepts added Damon Barnett and Tom Miller to the Fresno office.
▪ Visalia Medical Clinic has opened The Wellness Center, a program designed for Medicare patients to help ensure that they receive their free annual preventative care visits. The center is staffed by Jamie Ruddy, a certified physician assistant, and nurse practitioner Juanita Castellano.
▪ Integrated Designs by SOMAM Inc. announced the promotion of Felipe Ceballos to a principal architect.
Does your company have a new hire, promotion, personnel change or important achievement to announce?
The Bee welcomes submissions to this column. Items and submitted photos are used as space is available.