▪ Cathy Brass from Better Business Bureau serving Central California and Inland Empire counties was ranked No. 8 in the nation for sales in October, beating out other business relations specialists of more than 100 bureaus. She is in her 12th year at BBB and has been named salesperson of the year 10 out of the last 11 years.
▪ The Madera Irrigation District recently was awarded the District of Distinction accreditation by California’s Special District Leadership Foundation. The district was recognized in 2016 for its achievements in the areas of governance, transparency, finances and board conduct.
Never miss a local story.
▪ Fresno County Farm Bureau was named a winner of the 2017 American Farm Bureau Federation County Activities of Excellence Awards program. The bureau was selected for its “Valley’s Gold” television program, created in partnership with ValleyPBS.
The awards program chooses farm bureaus whose activities serve as models of innovation for local program development and that also help build strong agricultural communities.
▪ Dr. Andrea Stebel joined California Oncology of the Central Valley. She received her medical degree from Universidad Autonomo De Guadalajara in 1980.
She completed her residency in internal medicine at the University of California, San Francisco, in Fresno and a fellowship in hematology/oncology at the University of California Irvine Medical Center in Irvine.
Board-certified in internal medicine and medical oncology, Stebel treats men and women for breast cancer.
▪ Cliff Hall has joined Principal Financial Group’s Central California Business Center as a financial adviser, assisting individuals and small to mid-size businesses.
▪ Jessica Del Vecchio, a certified family nurse practitioner, has joined Adventist Health Physicians Network in Hanford.
She graduated magna cum laude from the University of Tennessee with a bachelor of science in nursing and a minor in psychology. She was a hematology and oncology nurse for nearly three years.
▪ Jim Lynes is the new commercial banking regional vice president covering California’s Central Valley market for Union Bank. He is responsible for the commercial banking growth strategy covering the Fresno and Sacramento regional Middle Market offices and serving the needs of closely held, private equity owned and publicly traded entities in the Central Valley.
▪ Pleasant Mattress promoted Michael Stype to director of quality and compliance, Mingo Urrea to manufacturing manager and Vue Yang to trucking supervisor.
Does your company have a new hire, promotion, personnel change or important achievement to announce?
The Bee welcomes submissions to this column. Items and submitted photos are used as space is available.