▪ Karin Chao-Bushoven, director of major gifts at Fresno Pacific University, was named Fundraising Professional of the Year by the Association of Fundraising Professionals, California Central Valley Chapter, during the Central California celebration of National Philanthropy Day on Thursday.
▪ Fresno real estate broker Jared Martin was installed for a second year as treasurer of the California Association of Realtors as part of its 2017 leadership team. He is one of the owners of Keller Williams Westland Realty.
Never miss a local story.
▪ Drs. Marta Atalla, Michael Shin and John Zweifler were honored with the Physician of the Year Mission Award during an Adventist Health Physician Leadership Symposium in October. Every year, Adventist Health honors a select few for their commitment to remarkable patient care and to the Adventist Health mission. This year, 18 out of thousands of medical staff physicians throughout the Adventist Health system received the honor.
▪ The Rotary Club of Fresno donated $3,314.24 to the Valley Center for the Blind for a kitchen/laundry training center. Valley Center for the Blind serves an underserved population of about 250 blind and visually impaired individuals ranging from young adults to senior citizens and teaches them independence. This independence training leads to increased opportunities and potential for employment.
The club also donated $1,954 to Kepler Neighborhood School in support of a new science lab.
▪ Johanson Transportation Service, a leading third-party supply chain solutions provider, added two employees to its perishable freight team: Mike Blake was hired as an evening operations specialist and Katherine Arnst as a logistics coordinator. Blake is a U.S. Navy veteran with 35 years of freight transportation experience. Arnst has 12 years of customer service management experience.
▪ Megan Terzian has joined Ford Financial Group as a client services associate. She will work closely with Ford’s financial advisers to provide support to clients with account service and financial planning.
▪ London Properties hired the following to join its residential sales staff: Brett Medlock and Michelle Renn, Fresno office; Susan Swift, Clovis office; Brian Henderson, Sanger office; Tammy Fleming, Prather office; and Janae Cope, Atwater office.
Does your company have a new hire, promotion, personnel change or important achievement to announce?
The Bee welcomes submissions to this column. Items and submitted photos are used as space is available.