▪ At its annual meeting in October, the ValleyPBS Community Advisory Board elected officers: Jim Pierce, representing Madera County, chair; and Michelle Allison, representing Merced County, vice chair. New member Theresa Soares from Tulare County was welcomed to her first meeting.
The San Joaquin Chapter of the American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers installed new officers for 2016-17: Allyn Troisi, president; Brian Dolan, vice president; Sophia Nyberg, treasurer; Mireya Linares, secretary; Sean Skiles and Paul Bedard, board of governors; and Clint Petty, past president.
Never miss a local story.
▪ Jared E. Christensen has joined Sierra IP Law, PC as an associate. He is a patent attorney and has an undergraduate degree in biochemistry from Cal Poly, a master’s degree in cell and molecular biology from Sacramento State and is a graduate of McGeorge School of Law. He also is a member of the intellectual property section of the California State Bar.
▪ Realty Concepts hired the following associates in residential sales: Carrie Boolootian, Ashley Medina, April Thompson, Sherri DuBeau and Jack DuBeau in the Fresno office.
▪ Julio Garibay is now providing care as a family nurse practitioner at Adventist Health/Community Care – Kerman. He was a medic in the U.S. Air Force, then went back to school to earn a bachelor of science in nursing from California State University, Fresno.
▪ Jonathan Bixler has been named deputy agricultural commissioner for Tulare County. He attended California State University, Santa Cruz, where he earned a degree in molecular biology.
As the deputy ag commissioner in charge of the Standardization and Exclusion Division, he will oversee fruit and vegetable inspection, quarantine compliance, phytosanitary (export) inspection, insect detection, vertebrate pest control, crop statistics, and the glassy-winged sharpshooter control program.
▪ Dr. Paramvir Sidhu was promoted to deputy chief clinical officer for Family HealthCare Network. Before his promotion, he served as medical director and staff physician for five years. He will be responsible for the overall functioning of the organization’s medical departments.
He received his medical education from Guru Gobind Singh Medical College in Faridkot, India, and completed his Family Medicine Residency at Riverside County Regional Medical Center in Moreno Valley. He is a member of the Indian Medical Association, American Academy of Family Physicians and American Board of Family Medicine.
Does your company have a new hire, promotion, personnel change or important achievement to announce?
The Bee welcomes submissions to this column. Items and submitted photos are used as space is available.