▪ The Rotary Club of Fresno welcomed new members Ramona Barker, Christina Cantu, Ruben Chavez and Janice Hallaian.
▪ Leigh W. Burnside, attorney with Dowling Aaron Inc., was selected as one of the Top 50 Women Northern California Super Lawyers of 2016. Super Lawyers recognizes outstanding attorneys based on professional achievement and peer recognition.
Never miss a local story.
▪ Saint Agnes Medical Center physicians Soumya Pai and Ronaldo Ballecer were given the Excellence in Patient Care award from the Saint Agnes Medical Executive Committee. The awards are given monthly to physicians as well as clinical and non-clinical staff members who go above and beyond their job duties to provide exceptional and life-saving care to patients.
▪ Saint Agnes Medical Center announced Gurloveleen Brar and Diana Silva as the most recent winners of the DAISY Award for extraordinary nurses. The award is part of a nationwide program that rewards and celebrates extraordinary clinical skill and compassionate care given by bedside nurses.
▪ Fig Garden Rotary donated $5,000 to “The Art of Life Healing Garden,” a cancer foundation project in Woodward Park; $3,750 to the Fresno Fire Department to support the “Helmets Are Cool” program, which gives out free bike helmets to kids in need; and a grant of $500 to the Star Elementary School Kind Kids Club.
▪ Angelica Perez-Duran joined HealthCare California as a licensed vocational nurse.
▪ Clayton Medina is the new controller for Cook Land Co., a Fresno real estate company with a portfolio specializing in light-industrial warehouses. He attended California State University, Fresno, majoring in business administration-accountancy. He passed the CPA exam in 2013 and has worked in public accounting for seven years with experience in attest and tax services for a variety of clients.
▪ William Lanier Thomas joined Dowling Aaron as a preferred shareholder in June 2016. He has been practicing law in the Central Valley for more than 35 years in the focus areas of strategic wealth conservation, business continuity planning, charitable giving and asset protection.
▪ Cindy Summers has been hired as manager of the Visalia Public Cemetery District. She serves on the board of directors for Parenting Network, is a current member of the Society for Human Resource Management of Tulare/Kings County and also a member of the Visalia Employer Advisory Council.
▪ The Law Office of Jonathan Rooker has opened at 191 W. Shaw Ave., Suite 209, in Fresno. The office will be handling criminal defense and DUI cases along with testifying as an expert witness on the subject of toxicology.
▪ Jared Marshall, attorney at Dowling Aaron since 2011, has been promoted to preferred shareholder. He specializes in trust and estate, guardianship and conservatorship litigation.
Does your company have a new hire, promotion, personnel change or important achievement to announce?
The Bee welcomes submissions to this column. Items and submitted photos are used as space is available.