It's day two of the World Ag Expo, and with more than 1,500 exhibits, chances are you aren't going to see it all. So to help you maneuver through the massive grounds of the International Agri-Center, here are five things not to miss.
1. The biggest tractors on the planet are here. Three of the largest tractor and farm equipment makers in the world are at the expo, including New Holland North America, Case IH and John Deere. Each maker has the latest and greatest in farm and construction machines.
2. If you have any connection to the dairy industry, the Farm Credit Dairy Center is the place to be. There are more than 400 exhibitors offering everything from cow comfort to bib overalls in fashionable colors.
3. Eat, eat and eat. The expo is famous for its homestyle cooking. There are nearly 40 non-profit groups, schools and churches who put in countless hours to prepare and serve a variety of food, including juicy rib-eye steak sandwiches with grilled onions, peach cobbler and breakfast burritos that will sustain you all day.
4. Watch a parade of new tractors and other farm equipment in the World Ag Expo arena. You get a first-hand look at the equipment as it's driven by the grandstands.
5. Cruise through the pavilions to collect expo swag such as pens, tote bags, stress balls, stickers and yardsticks.
The expo ends at 4 p.m. Thursday.
▪ Bee agriculture reporter Robert Rodriguez will update his coverage of the World Ag Expo throughout the day.