Had your fix of tacos for the day yet?
After all, Wednesday is National Taco Day.
Last year alone, American ate more than 4.5 billion tacos, according to the made-up food holiday’s website NationalTacoDay.com.
Below is a look at some of the deals from national and regional chains in the Fresno area.
But for the more authentic Taco adventure, check out the The Bee’s “Ultimate Taco Guide,” which breaks down the top 10 vendors from this past summer’s Taco Truck Throwdown 7.
- Del Taco – It’s buy one Queso Crunch Taco, get one free. But you’ll need to get the free coupon by being (or becoming) a member of Del Taco’s Raviing Fan eClub. When you sign up for the rewards program at www.deltaco.com/ravingfan, you also get a coupon for two free grilled chicken tacos.
- El Pollo Loco – How about another buy one, get one free promotion. But a taco platter and get one free Wednesday with a coupon posted on the company’s website. Taco platter options are Chicken Avocado, Chicken Bacon Cheddar, Avocado Tacos al Carbon and Shrimp Mango.
- Red Robin – The restaurant specializes in burgers. But it’s also introducing a new taco-burger mashup called the Taco Tavern Double, which is available through Dec. 31 for $6.99.
- Rubio’s Coastal Grill – The fish taco restaurant held its promotion during Taco Tuesday. But if you join Rubio’s Beach Club, you get a free taco and other perks.
- Taco Bell – The popular chain will offer a special "National Taco Day gift set." For $5, you receive four classic Taco Bell tacos (Nacho Cheese, Cool Ranch, Fiery Doritos Locos Tacos and the Crunchy Taco) that’s “gift wrapped” in a limited edition wrapper and specially boxed.