The best travel deals from around the globe:
▪ Hilton New Orleans Riverside has a “Ghostbusters”-themed package tied to the movie release. The Ghostbusters Spectacular package starts at $170 per night (plus $3 city occupancy tax and 15.75 percent sales tax) and includes two tickets with New Orleans Ghost Adventures Tours, two tickets to the “Ghostbusters” movie at Canal Place (or another film if that one has moved on), a $30 dining credit at Drago’s Seafood Restaurant, green cocktails made with Hi-C Ecto Cooler at Public Belt and a Marshmallow Man-themed dessert. Travel through Sept. 16. Info: 504-561-0500, hiltonneworleansriverside.com.
▪ In honor of its 50th anniversary, Hilton Barbados Resort has a special package with savings of 30 percent. The Breeze into Barbados promo starts at $199 per night for two (plus $45 in taxes) and includes fast-track arrival service at Grantley Adams International Airport, private round-trip transfers and a daily buffet breakfast. Book by Dec. 31; stay through April 2017. Info: 246-426-0200, hiltonbarbadosresort.com.
▪ Esperanza, a beachfront property in Mexico’s Los Cabos that is part of the Auberge Resorts Collection, is offering a third night free for stays through Aug. 21. Rate for a three-night stay in a 925-square-foot, ocean-view garden casita now starts at $1,541, including $391 taxes and fees; usual price, including taxes and fees, is $2,312 for three nights, for a total savings of $771. No deadline to book, but rate is based on availability. Info: 855-331-2226, esperanza.aubergeresorts.com/special-offers.
Never miss a local story.
▪ With Grand Circle Cruise Line, save $1,000 per couple on its Christmas Markets Along the Danube cruises from Nuremburg, Germany, to Vienna (or reverse). The river cruise starts at $995 per person double, down from $1,495. For round-trip air from Washington Dulles, add $1,200 or $1,300, depending on the departure date. Price includes seven nights in an outside cabin; all onboard meals, receptions and beverages; four tours and several events, including a glass-blowing demonstration and a choral concert; port charges and select gratuities. Depart Nov. 13 or Dec. 2, 7 or 16. Book by Aug. 15. Info: 800-221-2610, gct.com. Use code TAAV 215.
▪ CroisiEurope has last-minute deals on more than a dozen European river cruises, with savings of 15 percent to 30 percent, or a free singles supplement. For example, a five-night Romantic Rhine Valley and Holland cruise between Strasbourg, France, and Amsterdam, departing Aug. 11, now starts at $1,198 per person double for an upper-deck cabin, a savings of $439; a single traveler pays $1,637. The usual fare starts at $2,076. Info: 800-768-7232, croisieuroperivercruises.com/late-summer-deals.
▪ Globus is offering 10 percent discounts plus air credits ($200 per person for economy class and $300 in business class) on 2017 tours to South America. For example, a 10-night Vineyards of South America tour departing Feb. 24 is now priced at $5,233 per person double, a savings of $648; the trip includes airfare from Washington Dulles to Buenos Aires, with return from Santiago, Chile; three nights’ lodging at Brick Hotel Buenos Aires; two nights at Diplomatic Hotel in Mendoza, Argentina; three nights at Hotel Santa Cruz in Santa Cruz, Chile; two nights at Sheraton Santiago Hotel & Convention Center; 17 meals; flights from Buenos Aires to Mendoza and from Mendoza to Santiago; land transportation; guided sightseeing tours, including several winery visits; a tour director; airport transfers; and taxes. Deadline to book 10 percent discount is Nov. 29; air credit promo must be booked by Sept. 13. Air credit applies to travel on LATAM Airlines. Info: 866-755-8581, globusjourneys.com/special-offers/south-america-vacations.