The week’s best travel deals from around the globe:
▪ Sonesta is offering up to 45 percent off online bookings for travel through July 15. The Sonesta Savings promotion applies to U.S. and Caribbean stays at its brands: Royal Sonesta, Sonesta Hotels & Resorts, and Sonesta ES Suites. For example, rates at Sonesta ES Suites in Andover, Mass., and Orlando start at $119, plus 11 percent taxes; regular rates are from $159 and $169, respectively. Save 20 percent on midweek stays at Sonesta ES Suites Dublin Columbus, in Ohio, and Royal Sonesta New Orleans. Rooms at the New Orleans property now start at $183 (down from $229), plus 10 percent tax. Book by July 4. Info: sonesta.com
▪ Casa Palopo, a boutique hotel on the shores of Lake Atitlan in Guatemala, launched a Travel Solo-la package. The special starts at $1,107 per person and includes three nights’ lodging (a 10 percent discount off the regular rate), private guided boat tour to two Mayan towns on the lake, personal blessing ceremony with a shaman, daily breakfast, transportation to/from Guatemala City, and taxes and gratuities. Travel by Dec. 31. Book at 888-479-6026, email@example.com. Info: casapalopo.com.
▪ Florida’s Greater Fort Lauderdale Convention & Visitors Bureau has teamed up with a dozen hotels to offer a Vacation Like a VIP package this summer. The deal includes a room upgrade, $100 resort credit, $25 American Express gift card, complimentary parking and other perks, such as a discount card with two-for-one rates at area attractions. Stay at least two nights through Sept. 30. Hotel rates vary. For example, a two-night weekend stay in mid-June at the Diplomat Resort & Spa in Hollywood starts at $636, including taxes and resort fees. Info: sunny.org/vip.
Never miss a local story.
▪ Azamara Club Cruises is offering free cabin upgrades and air credits of $500 per person on select voyages booked by May 31. The deal applies to more than 20 cruises in 2016 and 2017. For example, a club veranda stateroom on the 10-night Tuscany, French Riviera & Barcelona cruise departing Aug. 9 now starts at $3,143 per person double, including taxes - a savings of $399. With the credit, round-trip air starts at $999 from Washington Dulles to Rome. You must book the airfare through the cruise line. Info: 877-999-9553, azamaraclubcruises.com.
▪ Norwegian Air Shuttle has a sale on nonstop round-trip flights from BWI Marshall to two Caribbean destinations. Fare to Guadeloupe starts at $248; to Martinique, pay from $228. Taxes included. Fares are available for seasonal flights operating November through January; cheapest fares are not available on all flights. Connecting flights on other airlines start at $1,060 to Guadeloupe and $1,070 to Martinique. Info: norwegian.com/us.
▪ Tripmasters has an eight-night independent Costa Rica package from about $1,000 per person. Price varies by date. For example, in mid-September, the package costs $1,015 per person double and includes airfare from Washington to San Jose, with return from Liberia; transfers; lodging in San Jose City, Arenal volcano, Monteverde cloud forest and Guanacaste beaches; daily breakfast (depending on the hotel); and taxes. By comparison, airfare alone is about $500. Info: 800-430-0484, tripmasters.com/TopDeals.aspx.