The best travel bargains around the globe:
▪ Triumph Hotels, a collection of seven hotels throughout New York City, is celebrating its second anniversary with up to 35 percent off rates. Book one or two nights and receive 30 percent off; reserve three nights or more and take 35 percent off. For example, the Iroquois in midtown starts at $210 a night (30 percent off) and $194 (34 percent), respectively, down from $301. Hotel Edison in Times Square starts at $159 and $148 (vs. $227). Taxes included. Stay Feb. 12-Dec. 30. The 24-hour sale went live Feb 11. Blackout dates apply. Info: 855-787-4867, triumphhotels.com.
▪ Magdalena Grand Beach & Golf Resort, on the Caribbean island of Tobago, is offering 35 percent savings for travel Feb. 16-March 23. The Winter Blues promotion, which includes breakfast, starts at $191 per night, plus $41 taxes. Rooms typically start at $294, plus $63 taxes. Info: 866-353-6222, magdalenagrand.com.
▪ Lindblad Expeditions is offering free round-trip airfare or air credits on several itineraries in Costa Rica, Panama, Europe, the Arctic, Alaska and Antarctica. For example, on the 14-day Journey to Antarctica: The White Continent cruise, fly for free from Miami to Buenos Aires or Santiago, Chile. Cruise starts at $13,360 per person double, including taxes. Select departures in November and December, plus 2017 dates. The 15-day French Atlantic Coast to the Isles of England & Wales, which departs May 29, starts at $13,580 per person double and includes a $1,500 air credit, onboard alcohol and gratuities, and a three-day land extension in Bordeaux and St.-Emilion, France. Land portion includes accommodations, some meals, guided activities, entrance fees, transportation and transfers. Book by March 31. Info: 800-397-3348, expeditions.com.
Never miss a local story.
▪ Book a select sailing with Azamara Club Cruises by Feb. 29 and receive a package of extras worth $1,000 per stateroom. The More to Love deal includes unlimited WiFi (one device at a time), a $400 credit for shore excursions, a premium beverage package for two, and a bottle of wine and a cheese platter. The company has also discounted upgraded packages. For example, the Adore Package is now $600 and includes unlimited WiFi for two devices, a $600 credit for shore excursions, a top-shelf beverage package, a bag of laundry, a $300 spa credit and a chef’s table for two - a savings of $1,400. The promo applies to 27 voyages in 2016 and 2017, with itineraries in Europe, Asia, Australia, North America and the Caribbean. Prices start at $1,899 per person double, plus $137 taxes, for an eight-night cruise departing Miami on Dec. 19. Info: 877-999-9553, azamaraclubcruises.com.
▪ WOW Air, Iceland’s low-cost carrier, is launching service from BWI Marshall to Stockholm, with one-way fares from $149. Round-trip fares start at $414, including taxes. Flights connect through Reykjavik. Fly Sundays, May 22-June 26 and Sept. 4-25. Other airlines are charging more than $800. Info: wowair.us.
▪ Save an extra $100 on an already discounted London with Highclere Castle (”Downton Abbey”) tour. The Gate 1 Travel tour, which departs March 29, now starts at $1,599 per person double and includes round-trip airfare from Washington Dulles to London; four nights at Millennium Bailey’s Hotel London Kensington; a half-day tour of London’s West End; a full-day tour of Oxford and Highclere Castle, setting of the PBS drama; daily breakfasts; airport transfers; and taxes. Use promo code WPDA100 for the $100 discount. Priced separately, the tour costs an additional $215. Book by Feb. 21. Info: 800-682-3333, gate1travel.com.