This best travel bargains around the globe:
▪ The Windsor Court Hotel, in New Orleans’ French Quarter, is offering a special with discounted rates and a hotel credit. The Winter Escape package starts at $239 per night, plus about 15 percent tax; regular price in February is $272. Deal includes a suite upgrade and a $50-per-night credit on food, beverage, parking or spa services. Stay through March 31; blackout dates apply. Minimum stays of two or three nights required on February weekends. Use promo code WINTER. Info: 800-928-7898, windsorcourthotel.com.
▪ Wisconsin’s capital city is holding Madison Hotel Week on Feb. 12-21. The promotion offers reduced rates at 22 Greater Madison hotels, plus a VIP card with 10 percent off at local Food Fight restaurants. Rates are $75, $100 or $125 a night, plus tax. For example, a king room at Graduate Madison costs $125, plus $18 tax; usual rate is $174. A studio suite or executive king suite at HotelRED is $100, plus $15 tax; normal rate is from $139. Valid on stays during the promotional period. Info: 800-228-6063, visitmadison.com/madison-hotel-week.
▪ City Wonders is celebrating Valentine’s Day with 25 percent savings on select Paris tours. For example, the VIP Evening Eiffel Tower Tour and Seine Champagne Cruise, which includes access to the tower’s top floor and a one-hour river cruise, is now $80 per adult, a savings of $27. Book and travel by Feb. 29. Info: 800-358-1942, citywonders.com/paris-tours.
Never miss a local story.
▪ Crystal Cruises is moving into the European river cruise market this summer and is offering two-for-one fares on all sailings through 2018. The luxury cruise line will launch Crystal River Cruises with five ships and a selection of itineraries on several rivers, such as the Danube, Rhine, Seine and Moselle. For example, the 10-night Danube River cruise sailing round trip from Vienna on Nov. 2, 2016, now starts at $3,745 per person double (plus $250 port charges), a savings of $3,745. Book by Feb. 29. Info: 844-743-5322, crystalrivercruises.com.
▪ Air Tahiti Nui has savings on packages to the South Pacific. For example, the six-night Tahiti’s Hidden Island Paradise trip now starts at $2,398 per person double and includes round-trip nonstop air from Los Angeles to Papeete, Tahiti; round-trip flight from Papeete to Tikehau Atoll; one night in a garden studio at Manava Suite Resort Tahiti; five nights in an overwater bungalow at Tikehau Pearl Beach Resort; daily breakfasts; airport transfers; and taxes. Priced separately, the trip costs nearly $3,000. Travel through May, though slightly higher prices may apply to April and May departures. Book by April 15. Airfare from Washington to Los Angeles starts at about $275. Info: 877-824-4846, airtahitinui.com/us-en/follow-sun.