The Fresno County Library’s Bookshelf column shares suggestions for books, music, and other items, and provides information about library programs.
Top 5 Most Requested Books
▪ “Cross Justice,” by James Patterson.
▪ “The Crossing: A Novel,” by Michael Connelly.
▪ “The Guilty,” by David Baldacci.
▪ “Rogue Lawyer,” by John Grisham.
▪ “Secret Sisters,” by Jayne Ann Krentz.
▪ “Writing All Wrongs: A Books by the Bay Mystery,” by Ellery Adams. The Coastal Carolina Crime Festival is supposed to be fun-filled for all, until the guests get pitched head-first into a series of real-life mysteries!
▪ “The Big Dictionary of Dreams: The Ultimate Resource for Interpreting Your Dreams,” by Martha Clarke. This psychologist explains how you can find deeper meanings in your dreams.
▪ “Marmalade,” by C.M. Gordon. Go back in time to Edwardian London with this sordid tale of a girl who wants to become a big-league theatrical star.
’Tis the Season … for Romance!
▪ “Long, Tall Christmas,” by Janet Dailey. Kylie Wayne returns to her Texas hometown and a handsome stranger walks into the picture.
▪ “Dashing Through the Snow: A Christmas Novel,” by Debbie Macomber. Strangers Ashley Davison and Dashiell Sutherland are forced to share a car so they can make it to Christmas in Seattle.
▪ “Wishes for Christmas,” by Fern Michaels. Characters from this author’s Sisterhood and Godmothers series unite for seasonal cheer…and to help bring a little joy into their friends’ lives.
▪ Decorative ornaments: Especially for teens! Come paint your own special design on a large glass ornament. 1-4 p.m., Sunday, Dec. 20, at the Fig Garden Regional Library. Details: 559-600-4071.
▪ Holiday crafts: For everyone from kids to tweens. 10 a.m.-noon, Monday-Wednesday, Dec. 21-23, at the Gillis Branch Library. Details: 559-225-0140.
▪ Holiday program: Enjoy “A Christmas Carol,” The Gift of the Magi,” “How the Grinch Stole Christmas,” and “'Twas the Night Before Christmas,” as presented by the Woodward Shakespeare Festival. 6:30-8 p.m., Wednesday, Dec. 23, at the Woodward Park Regional Library. Details: 559-600-3135.
This is a weekly column written by the Fresno County Public Library staff. Events are usually free. Visit fresnolibrary.org, or call 559-600-6227 for details.