The best travel deals around the globe:
▪ Secret Bay, an eco-luxury boutique resort on the West Indies island of Dominica, has an Escape Election 2016 deal with a savings of $250. The package, valid through Dec. 16, starts at $3,074 per couple and includes five nights in a luxurious villa; a gourmet welcome dinner, a 60-minute in-room couples massage; a forest bathing experience; a 60-minute private couples yoga session; airport transfer; and an organic food basket. Add 20 percent for taxes and service charges. Guests also have free access to bikes. Blackout dates may apply. Travel by Dec. 16. Info: secretbay.dm.
▪ Acacia Africa has a sale on 25 Africa expeditions, with savings of several hundred dollars. The deal applies to combo tours in South Africa, Uganda, Tanzania, Malawi, Zambia, Botswana, Namibia and Kenya, among other countries. For example, the 21-day South East Adventure starts at $1,947 single or double, down from $2,290, and includes 16 nights’ camping in two-person dome tents; four nights in twin-share rooms; 21 breakfasts, 15 lunches and 15 dinners; all ground transportation, including a safari vehicle; camping and cooking equipment (bring your own sleeping bag); and most taxes. The overland trip starts in Nairobi and visits Kenya, Tanzania, Zanzibar, Malawi and Zambia. Several departures through December. Book by Sept. 30. Info: acacia-africa.com.
▪ The Franklin Hotel, a luxury property in London’s Knightsbridge district, is offering introductory rates. For example, a superior room in mid-October starts at $523 a night, including taxes – a savings of $210. The 35-room hotel reopened last month after an extensive renovation. Book by Oct. 31; travel by Dec. 18. For the cheapest rates, call the hotel at 011-44-20-7584-5533. Info: thefranklinlondon.com/offers/special-introductory-offer.
▪ John Hall’s Alaska is offering savings of at least $500 per person on six Alaskan land-and-cruise tours in 2017. In addition, pay the tour balance by cash and check and save an additional $200. Groups of four or more travelers receive an extra discount of $50 to $200. For example, the Denali Explorer, a 14-day land-and-cruise voyage, starts at $11,758 per couple – a savings of $1,000. The price drops to $11,358 when you pay by cash or check. A family of four sharing one cabin pays from $23,516; book two or three cabins with the cash/check option and the price falls to $22,516 – a savings of $3,000. Price includes accommodations; meals; luxury land, rail and cruise transportation; airport transfers; port charges and taxes; and some gratuities. Select departures June through August. The trip starts in Anchorage and ends in Vancouver. Book by Jan. 1. Info: 800-325-2270, kissalaska.com.
▪ Singapore Airlines is offering a fare sale from New York, Houston, Los Angeles and San Francisco to cities in Europe and Asia, including Frankfurt, Singapore and Tokyo. For example, round-trip fare from New York’s JFK to Singapore is $650, including taxes; priced separately, fare from Washington to New York starts at about $100 for a round-trip ticket. From Los Angeles to Tokyo, round-trip fare starts at $550; round-trip fare from D.C. to Los Angeles starts at about $250. Other airlines are matching on most routes. Book by Sept. 30; travel Nov. 1-June 30. Blackout dates are Dec. 9-Jan. 8. Info: singaporeairgetaway.com/us_en.
▪ Save $400 per person on SmarTours’ eight-night Enchanting Peru trip. The escorted tour starts at $2,199 per person double for the Feb. 6 and Feb. 27 departures; pay by check and receive an additional $100 off. The package includes round-trip airfare from New York to Lima; eight nights’ lodging in Yucay, Cuzco, Puno and Lima; flight from Puno to Lima; 11 meals; sightseeing tours; land transportation; airport transfers; and taxes. Book by Oct. 6. Info: 800-337-7773, smartours.com/tour/enchanting-peru.