The celebrity cast of the next season of the ABC reality competition series, “Dancing with the Stars,” has been announced and, as anticipated, the lineup includes Olympian swimmer and gas station hooligan Ryan Lochte.
The rest of the celebrity (and this is where you make air quotes with your fingers) lineup includes a former Texas governor, singer, actors and sports stars. It’s the usual mix of competitors. There’s even another Olympian: gymnast Laurie Hernandez.
The competition begins at 8 p.m. Monday, Sept. 12 on ABC30.
As has been the case with past “Dancing” lineups, here is the list of my early predictions of how the celebrities will do once the music begins.
Never miss a local story.
- Laurie Hernandez with Valentin Chmerkovskiy (4-1)
- Jake T. Austin with Jenna Johnson (5-1)
- Jana Kramer with Gleb Savchenko (9-1)
- James Hinchcliffe with Sharna Burgess (10-1)
- Amber Rose with Maksim Chmerkovskiy (12-1)
- Kenny “Babyface” Edmonds with Allison Holker (13-1)
- Calvin Johnson Jr. with Lindsay Arnold (15-1)
- Terra Jolé with Sasha Farber (16-1)
- Maureen McCormick with Artem Chigvintsev (18-1)
- Vanilla Ice (Robert Van Winkle) with Witney Carson (20-1)
- Marilu Henner with Derek Hough (20-1)
- Ryan Lochte with Cheryl Burke (25-1)
- Rick Perry with Emma Slater (30-1)