5th Czech soldier dies after blast in Afghanistan

The Associated PressJuly 14, 2014 

— The Czech Defense Ministry says a soldier who was seriously injured in a blast that killed four other Czech servicemen in Afghanistan last week has died.

The soldiers were among the 16 people killed on Tuesday after a suicide bomber struck Afghan and foreign forces in the eastern province of Parwan.

In a brief statement, the ministry says the fifth soldier died Monday in Prague's military hospital, a day after he was transported home from Afghanistan.

It is the largest number of Czechs killed in a single attack in Afghanistan.

The Czech government has pledged to keep troops in Afghanistan.

The Fresno Bee is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.

Commenting FAQs | Terms of Service