A kitchen fire in a restaurant next to the Tower Theatre in central Fresno was quickly knocked down by Fresno firefighters late Tuesday night and the adjacent theater sustained minimal damage, Battalion Chief Todd Tuggle said Wednesday.
The fire erupted about 11:20 p.m. in the Tower Cafe. Tuggle said that the age of the building and the complexity of various upgrades over several decades challenged crews to ensure the flames did not spread. Smoke spread to the theater but damage to walls was minimal, he added. Tuggle said the cafe was open at the time of the fire, but everyone got out safe and no one was injured in the fire.
An overloaded power outlet sparked the cafe fire, Fresno firefighter Kris Townsend said Wednesday afternoon. The total cost of damages is still unknown.
Check fresnobee.com for breaking news.