• Vitals: Senior, Buchanan
• Stopwatch: Delivered a section Masters second-best 20 points for a team that missed a sixth straight title by one point by winning the triple jump (school-record 49-1¼), placing second in the long jump (22-9¼) and running a leg on a silver-medal 400 relay (41.77).
• Vitals: Junior, Lemoore
• Stopwatch: Placed second in the Masters high jump (6-7), fourth in the state (6-8) and set a school record with a season-best 6-10. He was the Tigers' first state male medalist in 16 years and their first male in the high jump.
• Vitals: Junior, Clovis West
• Stopwatch: Won the Masters (14-8) and placed third in the state (16-0) in the pole vault. The 16-0 is tied for second all-time for section juniors and tied for ninth all-time overall. He also placed seventh in the Masters 110 high hurdles (15.28).
• Vitals: Senior, Sierra Pacific
• Stopwatch: Won the Masters (school-record 183-10) and finished third in the state in the discus (183-0), becoming the five-year school's first state medalist.
• Vitals: Junior, Clovis
• Stopwatch: Placed second in the state 800 in 1:51.05, missing by one-hundredths of a second in a literal dive-to-the-wire finish -- the most thrilling of the finals. That school-record time is No. 5 all-time in the section and No. 18 nationally for the season. He placed second in the section Masters in the 800 (1:53.05) and 1,600 relay (3:20.91), and had the section's sixth-fastest 400 (49.82) of the season.
• Vitals: Junior, Clovis North
• Stopwatch: Placed second in the Masters (4:14.57) and sixth in the state (4:11.18) in the 1,600, soaring to fifth all-time in the section. Also finished third in the Masters 3,200 (9:19.33) and ran the section's seventh-fastest 800 (1:55.47) of the season.
The reporter can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or @beepreps on Twitter.