Northwest Fresno home fire causes $100,000 in damage

The Fresno BeeMay 19, 2014 

Firefighters battle a blaze at a northwest Fresno home on Monday, May 19, 2014.

JIM GUY — THE FRESNO BEE

Food cooking on a stove erupted into a fire that caused $100,000 in damage to a home Monday morning in northwest Fresno.

The Fresno Fire Departmet said the blaze was reported about 7 a.m. in the 4300 block of North Prospect Avenue, near Gettysburg and Valentine avenues. No one was hurt, but the fire caused extensive damage to the home's interior.

The reporter can be reached at jguy@fresnobee.com or at (559) 441-6339 or on Twitter @jimguy27

The Fresno Bee is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.

Commenting FAQs | Terms of Service