Drivers in Visalia will begin experiencing lane closures as the city starts a series of road improvements that will last through the summer months.
Electrical work will begin Monday and continue through May 26, while concrete work starts Monday and will run through July 18 at various locations. One lane of traffic will be closed and one lane will remain open in each direction at the work sites.
The locations and anticipated dates of grinding and asphalt work are:
- Giddings Street from Walnut to Tulare avenues, July 1-3.
- Court Street from Tulare to Sequoia avenues, July 9-10.
- Main Street from Burke Street to Ben Maddox Way, July 15-16.
- Demaree Street from Hillsdale to Goshen avenues, July 23-25.
- Hurley Avenue from Atwood to Chinowth streets, July 30-31.
Concrete work will happen between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. while school is in session, and from 6 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. during schools' summer break.
Project details: (559) 994-4502.
Check fresnobee.com for breaking news.